Thursday 22 September 2011

Show and tell and more

My guild met at my house the other night, and we had a lovely show and tell.
First up is Karen with her flying geese quilt, which has been in progress for three retreats.
it has lovely colours and a few surprises.

She hand quilted it, and I hope you can see the details of the stitches here.

Here's Audrey with a tshirt quilt she made for her DIL's sister, from her stash of athletic shirts.
Two interesting facts about this quilt: Audrey did not interface the tshirt squares
 (I did on my tshirt quilts, and it's a tedious job)

and the sashing fabric glows in the dark.


Audrey  only realized that when she turned out the lights in her sewing room one evening
and the quilt glowed back at her.

Anne K made a fun baby quilt from wild and bright scraps.
I like how she offset the blocks with filler strips here and there.


And in other news, I'm getting more and more blocks from my 15 minutes play bee.
Yesterday I was different -- the envelope from one member arrived safely,
but totally empty. No blocks, no note, just a couple of threads on the adhesive on the envelope flap.
Disappointing for both the sender and the recipient.

5 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Wonderful quilts. Too bad about the envelope. Obviously someone else has a block. Hugs

Barb said...

Loved all of the quilts....

Waltrude G. - Grandmothergoose said...

Beautiful!

kc said...

That was fun show & tell! Loved how the fabric glows in the dark - funny that she didn't know that ahead of time!

The empty envelope sounds like something I'd do, but didn't this time, since I'm not even enrolled in your exchange...but I can relate! Hope the sender figures it out soon!

Purple Pam said...

Thank you for sharing pictures of your members' quilts. They are all great. I like the comment about the glow-in-the-dark fabric! What a hoot!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>