Friday 23 September 2011

Re-use, re-purpose?

A quilt came home to me the other day.
 I made it as a window covering/valance
for an office at my church, back in 2005.
It's handquilted and has a hanging sleeve on the back
to hang horizontally.

After six years in a south-facing window, the colours have faded slightly, but not terribly.
Here's a strip of the blue against it.

When I rummaged through my parts draw, I found leftover bits and pieces.
Now I'm wondering what to do with this quilted valance.
Use it as a table runner?
 Give it away with a matching tea cozy made from the leftovers
 (even it it is a bit faded?)
BTW: the block is Jericho wall, but I modified it with curved strip piecing in the yellow triangles.

3 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

I love the curves on it. I'd use it as a table runner. Love the colors in it. Hugs

Myra said...

The curves in there is really interesting Brenda! Yup! Using it as table runner would be perfect!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Table runner + tea cozy = wonderful gift for someone ... unless you are in love with the window piece and can't bear to part with it.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>