Monday 19 September 2011

Bags, blocks and more blocks

I had a little sewing frenzy here last week, and finished a set of bags from
Guatemalan fabric for a fundraiser. The one at the left is a tote with 8 pockets (2 inside)
with a matching market bag.

Here they are again, modeled by my DS1. All of them sold.

Here he is again, with a shoulder/messenger style bag, made from a handwoven table runner.

With the flap opened. This was intended for the same fundraiser.

I also whipped up some Basics BOM for Victoria and her quilt drive.
I find it's too pricey to mail a whole quilt, but I can manage a few blocks.
These are the colourwash strips I'm getting from the 15 minutes play bee.
September is my month to get the blocks. These are about half of them.

This week I received one last B in the mail for my Big Bee Birthday quilt, this one from Nancy Near Philadelphia. T'hanks so much.

And one more shot of tea cozies and hot pads. I made one set from the calendar towel, and the other from the Kaffe strips I cut for another set of blocks. If you look closely at the colour wash quilt, you'll see some in there. I've been hoarding those Kaffe prints, but once I have scraps, I play and play and play with them. Really, I should just cut up my yardage into little bits instead of storing it in my cupboard.

And if that isn't enough, I should show you a picture of my newly organized sewing space, but I've already messed it up. I did move three bags of scraps and strings out it to pass on to my quilt group tonight, as well as a pile of mile-a-minute blocks.

6 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

You've been busy. Love those bags!!

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

Oooh, I love your Basics blocks! You have some good scraps there. I too love playing with mine.-)
Great job on the bags; no wonder they all got sold.

Barb said...

You are having alot of fun over there...those bags are great!!

Tonya Ricucci said...

cool blocks!

Terri said...

WOW! You have been a busy B!
I'm cleaning for company coming today! Ick!
Hugs,

Victoria said...

So many fun things here!!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>