Tuesday 30 September 2008

Lots of solids here



This Amish doll is keeping guard over my bin (actually, a former kitchen cabinet drawer, see below) of solid strips, scraps and yardage. Inspired by Tonya and Gwen Marston (you can buy her new book on working with solids here), I've been pulling these from my stash as I come across them. Many are donations from my mother, others are from previous projects, and I found even more when reorganizing my scraps this weekend. I've got quite a bit of yardage, as well as many strips and smaller pieces. I'd love to dig into this, but for now the doll will be the only one who gets to play with them. And yes, she needs a new dress, since hers is really sun-faded, and not authentically Amish, since it is a print instead of solid. I bought her at a yard sale many years ago.

3 comments:

Joyce said...

It's nice to have something to look forward to. Have you got Gwen's new book yet? I've ordered it but it's not here yet.

Clare said...

I've put Gwen's new book on my Christmas list and walkign round the house dropping sublte hints!

Look forward to seeing what you ge tup to with those solids.

Tonya Ricucci said...

Wheee, looks like you've got a great assortment.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>