Monday 2 November 2015

Can see the trees and the forest

I
Inspired by Cynthia over at Quilting is more fun than Housework,
I cut into a fat quarter stack of Riley Blake chevrons
to make Christmas trees.
Cynthia had a wide chevron, and I like the minimalist effect of her table runner
but I had the smaller print, so mine turned out differently.
At first I cut strips of chevrons from different colours and pieced them,
then cut into triangles with a Tri-Recs ruler.
They finish at 5 inches. 



Then I decided to forgo the strip piecing
and just cut red and green trees.
Now I have a forest
and I'm wondering where to go from here.
Table runners?
Wall quilt?
A seasonal throw?
I'm also considering trunks,
and then I change my mind.
I'm running out of red and green,
but I'm thinking aqua and navy chevrons will work just fine.

I'm linking up with Beth at Love Laugh Quilt.



4 comments:

beth s said...

Oooh! Love those trees!

Cathy said...

They're so cute! I can't wait to see what you decide.

patty a. said...

What cute trees! Lots of possibilities!

Bonnie said...

The BEST use of chevron fabric! These are so cute.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>