Friday 30 October 2015

Little Friday finish



Triangles and feathers, 12.5 inches square
Machine pieced and quilted
I have just one little finish to share this week.
I have to confess I keep a bin of little triangles,
many of them from cutting the ends of my binding at 45 degrees for joining.
Some time ago I sewed a bunch of them onto a grey Kona
and this week I put them together in a little improv or free pieced quilt.
I used this wild paisley fabric for the back,
intending to follow the lines in quilting.
I did that, and it was a disaster from the front,
so I used feathers and pebbles instead.

I bound it with that same paisley.
I fussed over this little piece too much --
ripping out bad quilting stitches
and redoing the binding.

Seems like I'm a bit out of practice, 
but I'm back in the fmq space again.

I'm linking up to Crazy Mom Quilts

4 comments:

Vera said...

Fun mini! I like your binding :)

Lynette said...

Hey! It's a perfect little study for getting back into the feel of things. :) LOVE that backing fabric with it, too.

Judy @ Sew Some Sunshine said...

Your quilting looks great!

patty a. said...

What a sweet little quilt! I have a container of leftover triangles from a quilt I made for a famous rock star. I want to make a quilt with them, but I just haven't gotten around to it. I have had the triangle scraps for more than 13 years, but I just can't get myself to throw them away.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>