Saturday 7 March 2015

More quilting in the Rockies


Two Saturdays ago I pieced these three of these four little quilts 
from my hand dyed scraps.
The green one is made from Kona solids.

All measure the size of a piece of paper
8.5 by 11 inches.

The following week I spend time quilting them
with a view like this.
This is in the MacLab Bistro at The Banff Centre.

The top two quilts are done except for trimming and binding.

I was hoping to spend lots of time quilting during my six days in the Rockies
but I underestimated the amount of time I would enjoy just looking at the view
and walking around.

I'm linking up to Scraptastic Tuesday.

8 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

What a beautiful view. I love the Rockies and our province. Very pretty blocks.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I love Calgary and banff. We visit as often as we can.
Glen from Louisiana usa

Nifty Quilts said...

Your beautiful little quilts remind me of Gwen Marston's "small studies." Wow! That's some outstanding view!! I agree, it would be hard to keep my eyes on my fabrics.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Happy that you took time to take in the surroundings - those mountains are breathtaking!

Nicky said...

Well done for any stitching I think with such a glorious view! Thanks for linking up with us at #scraptastictuesday!

Ann said...

Excellent quilt studies. They are the perfect size to take on any trip, but especially to Banff. Who could quilt much with such gorgeous surroundings.

LA Paylor said...

nice work! I used to vacay in Banff when I lived in Edmonton. Nice memory. LeeAnna at not afraid of color

memmens said...

Those little quilts are gorgeous, I can understand why you wanted to look at the view!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>