Monday 29 July 2013

Walking all over the quilt

My mother made this charm square quilt several years back
and earlier this month I machine quilted it for her. 


I straight line quilted it on either side of the seams with a gold Aurifil 28 wt. thread.

Although it was pretty before quilting

that gold thread makes it sparkle.
 
Just a note: This quilt isn't set on point, but rather
each square is set as a diamond with black triangles.
She used whatever she had left, so altl the blacks aren't the same,
adding depth to the quilt.
 
Once the binding is on, I'll get a shot of the whole thing.

4 comments:

Judy said...

Your mom's quilt is looking awesome! What color is the binding?

Jodi said...

oooh, I love that! I don't know why I don't use black more often. Have to remember to do that. looking forward to seeing the finish!

Cheryl said...

I love how the black makes the colors pop and your quilting!

Nifty Quilts said...

Looks great! The gold thread was a great choice.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>