Friday 26 July 2013

Friday flimsy finish

Finally I have this top together!
I was wondering why it was taking me so long,
until a wise quilty friend pointed out the obvious:
I'm making decisions on every element, every window, door, and roof.
I've tried not to repeat fabrics except as backgrounds.
 
This I Spy house flimsy measures 42 inches square.
The baby is gestating nicely, and is due in August.
 
I have the backing ready, and yesterday I sewed and pressed the binding strips.
So I only have to quilt it.
Now I'm faced with another decision:
Do I outline the houses and trees and add little surprises in the quilting lines
or do I just do an all over meandering kind of grid on it?
 
I'm linking up here and here with other Friday finishers.

12 comments:

Jessica Hadden said...

Love these happy houses for happy gestating baby!

Quiltdivajulie said...

You will have more fun if you outline and add surprises -- but it is also a function of how much time do you have to spend on the quilting and how will the two versions handle the laundering that is typical for baby quilts?

It is a WONDERFUL flimsy!!

Terri said...

If you have time, leave little surprises in the quilting... one more dimension of love.
Hugs

Dolores said...

Who would have thought that quilting took so much pondering. I too always think a lot on how to quilt a top.

Bess said...

I think your decision making paid off! I love how each house has something special in the door. Baby will love it!

Heidi said...

This is wonderful :-)
I can relate to all the decision time.
So many fun fabrics .

Rosa said...

Gorgeous happy house!!

Anonymous said...

Just love the quilt top. I am also working on a scrappy quilt top with houses and trees etc. I love the comment that it takes longer because you are making decision as you go. What a wise friend. It is taking me ages to do my quilt and now I know why. Thanks for sharing Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

Sharon said...

Marvelous quilt! I can tell you put a lot of time and thought into this one. That's a lot of decisions to make! This is so fun, and it will be a wonderful pastime for baby to find all the things you've included.

Personally, I think I'd go with mostly simple quilting, with just the occasional surprise hidden in the quilting. But whatever you end up doing, it's gonna be great!

Rene' said...

Such a clever I-spy quilt for a baby!!!

Eat Sleep Quilt said...

You made such a happy neighborhood! I love houses - if you want to grab my attention, just show me a house quilt...and also stars!

Judy said...

Love this!!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>