Friday 8 July 2011

July finish #3

This one is took only six months from start to finish. I had it to flimsy stage by the end of January, but stalled on the handquilting.
A banner for the prayer room in my church. It is similar to the one I made two years ago for the nursing home where my sister is a chaplain.
I've used some of the same fabrics for the letters, although the one on top has more variety.

 
Both have a vine motif quilted around the words,
and both quotes are from the Psalms.
 
 
I like them both, but now it is time to move on to another style.

8 comments:

Barb said...

These banners are just wonderful!

SandyQuilts said...

Beautiful and perfect.

Myra said...

Wonderful banners Brenda! 8-)

~Niki~ said...

oh i love those! great job.
how did you do these letters? do you own that book?

Elaine Adair said...

The second one is my own personal favorite! 8-))

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love both banners (and both phrases).

Style is, after all, an ever-evolving process . . .

Sharon said...

Congrats on all your July finishes! Your banners are wonderful, and your quilting is really getting good. I'm impressed. (and I need to practice my MQ, I see)

Chris Daly said...

They are wonderful Brenda, congratulations on getting them completed!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>