Thursday 29 July 2010

Relaxing and re-creating in fabric stores

I just returned from a family vacation, and my fun money was all spent on fabric. I hit the big sales at JoAnn's last week and got some of this Kona yummy-ness in greens, grays and cream. On top are three tone on tone whites that I'm going to overdye. Stay tuned for that.


Here are some of the prints that jumped into my shopping bag-- a fun cake one, one with script, a cute paper-doll one for a baby quilt back, and various prints that may or may not have a plan. I think I counted 14 yards in total, and I did feel restrained. On the last full day of our trip, we split up and each spent hours browsing in bookstores, electronic places, or in my case, fabric stores.

When I got home, this package of goodies was waiting for me from Wendy Hill, who offered to send me some selvages and some fast2fuse in postcard size. Thanks so much Wendy!
And I did get to the sewing machine a bit today, ignoring the unpacking and tidying up. We came home a day early, so really, I could spend the day sewing and no one would be the wiser, right?
So I finished these two needle cases, one with a pieced interior felt page for the needles.

6 comments:

Pat said...

Hey...I think this one day is STILL vacation time, so of course you shouldn't spend it unpacking and doing laundry!

YankeeQuilter said...

Love those solids! A local store has Kona on sale this weekend...

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

can't wait to see the overdye! what fun!

Clare said...

Great prints.

There is nothing nicer than combining a holiday with fabric shopping.

Chris Daly said...

Hi Brenda, I love your blog. So much scrappy inspirations!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Super haul! Will make some great creations.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>