Saturday 23 May 2009

Little houses


These two little house quilts finally got finished last week with binding and hanging sleeve. They're destined for people helped by Mennonite Disaster Service, which rebuilds houses or cleans up after natural disaster. Everyone in my guild made at least four of these houses and then we mixed them up and put them together into little quilts. I volunteered to take the orphan houses and I put together three more quilts. The one above is my disastrous attempt at machine quilting, fixed by Cheryl from my guild, and the one below is a mixture of handquilting and machine stitching. The houses are Happy Scrappy Houses from Bonnie at Quiltville.

4 comments:

Rosalyn Manesse said...

These little house quilts are so bright and cheery!

Kim Brackett said...

Cute house quilts! I can just imagine how much they'll be appreciated by someone who has lost all their belongings.

Joyce said...

Cute houses. The log cabin one really caught my eye. Did someone find log fabric?

Janet said...

Great houses for a worthy cause!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>