Saturday 24 January 2009

Great gifts during a not-so-great week

I got three gifts this week that I'd like you to admire with me. They all cheered me up during a bad week when I've been in pain due to neck and back injuries I sustained in a car accident a week ago. I'm recovering well, but a pain in the neck is just a big pain in neck.
Above is the miniature quilt Tracy at From my Scrapbag sent me. She's making 50 or more minis this year, and this was one of them. Click on this to see the batik one I sent her. I like the colours and I think the framed squares is a great pattern, big or little. Thanks Tracy. She also sent me a pattern called Dipped in Chocolate, which is a framed four patch in browns and pinks. I forgot to take a picture, sorry.
Sharon from Indigo Threads sent me a huge selection of I Spy prints and patches - I counted at least 120 different ones. All except one cowboy boot print are new to me. I had forgotten about her offer, and it was a great surprise to come home from a medical appointment to find these. Thanks so much. I have 20 or so prints of my own put aside for an I Spy quilt, so I might be making one soon with the addition of this bounty.

And one more surprise gift. My friend Yvonne from South Africa sent me this lovely hand stitched Christmas card and a handmade spoon from reclaimed metals made by Zulu crafters. They are both beautiful.
I made another block for the Friday Block Party Quilt Pixie is hosting every week so we can improve our precision piecing. I did OK, although a few points could be better.

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Wow! What a haul. Such nice gifts. Good for you and I know they made you feel better.

Sorry to hear about your neck and I sure hope you feel better soon!

Joyce said...

Sorry to hear that you've been hurt. Those gifts would cheer anybody up though. Get well soon.

Donna said...

LOVE the layout of dewey dream you did! The "flowers" at the corners are interesting...

Sharon said...

Glad to hear the Eye Spy fabrics came in time to cheer you. I'm sorry to hear that you sustained some injuries...I hope you feel better soon!
I think your block points look great! I don't see any problems with them. Interesting fabrics you used!

Purple Pam said...

Sorry to hear of your injuries. I hope you are well soon. Take good care of yourself. Those type of injuries can linger if you are not diligent in your following the doctor's order on resting.

I like your I Spy fabrics. I have always wanted to make an I Spy quilt, and a Bug Jar quilt, but I do not have any little ones to spy or search for bugs with me. Maybe if I make the quilt it will bring on good vibes in that direction!

Karen said...

Love your Friday Block Party block. Hope you find some relief soon with your neck/back pain. I just went through two rough weeks with my back.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>