Friday 19 October 2018

Lots of little finishes here

I'm on a completion kick over here, clearing out some UFOs and WIPs
and sorting through batting scraps and fabric strips.
First up are two sets of placemats:
The top ones were made from a star die I was testing out with my Accuquilt Go cutter
and finished with some sale fabrics from a recent road trip.

This second set was made from leftover from scrappy trip around the world blocks
my guild is making for a charity quilt.
I couldn't discard the trimmings, so I made a set of placemats
and tried out some free motion quilting motifs.

The backing is leftover from another project. 
I ran out of that striped fabric,
so two of the placemats are bound in yellow.


The star placemats have a coordinating table runner.

I was in a big clean-up mood, so I cut up this machine quilting practice quilt
into potholder filler.

Which resulted in 16 potholders
ready for my kitchen or gifts.


Here's some green ones, using various scraps and fat quarters


and some orange/red ones. 
That boy/girl print in the centre diamond was the backing of the practice quilt.

I used up lots of bits, and cleared out batting pieces too small for quilts 
but too large to throw out.

I'm linking up with


5 comments:

Louise said...

Great idea to use your practice piece as potholder fillers! And all these pieces are so bright and cheerful. You have very happy scraps :)

Julierose said...

WOW great use of your leftovers--and so prettily done, too. hugs, Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

I agree - great ideas and super finishes.

patty a. said...

You made a lot of useful items out of scraps! I do have a question - how did you finish the edges of your potholders? It doesn't look like they were bound. Did you quilt the top then put the right sides together of the back on the quilted front, sew around, and leave a hole for turning? I am making some potholders myself now and for the first one I wrapped the backing to the front. Its ok, but on the back you can see the start and stops for the quilting.

Barb said...

clever idea! What a lot of nice finishes!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>