Tuesday 31 October 2017

Please label me



Today I learned about the value of labeling a quilt.
Most of my quilts leave my house with the recipient's name
and my name as the maker, my city and the date I made the quilt.
Some of the ones I donate to the children's hospital don't have any identifying information,
since I don't know what is getting them
and it doesn't matter to me if they know I made them.


Mostly I sew on the labels, 
but sometimes they are integrated into the quilt,
like this one that lives on my bed.


This morning I received a phone call from a local city pool,
asking about this flying geese quilt that had been left behind last week.
Someone tracked me down through my membership 
and called me to say the quilt was in their lost and found.

The baby who owns the quilt lives across the street from me,
but his family is  moving to a new home
and hadn't missed the quilt
because they thought it was packed.


Tomorrow the quilt will be reunited with his owner.
I hope they are very happy together for a long time.

Now I'm wondering if I should include an email address or a phone number
in case this ever happens again.

Any ideas out there?
What information do you put on your quilt labels?

Linking up with TNTN.


5 comments:

Nancy said...

This is a great testimony for adding labels! I'm so glad the child will het the quilt back, and well done to the staff who saw to it you were contacted. I'm not 100% on labeling, but do try. Usually I simply put my name, city, and date the project was completed. But now, reading this, I agree that an e-mail address might be prudent. Thanks for sharing this.

Nicole said...

What a crazy story is that?! So glad it has a happy ending for everyone. (and thanks for linking up too.)

Michelle T. said...

I would never put my personal contact info on a quilt. You have no way of knowing who would have access to it. There is a potential business opportunity to create a quilt registry. A registration number could be added to the label for a fee and the ownership of the quilt could be tracked that way.

patty a. said...

Wow how lucky someone took the time to try and find the owner of this cute quilt. On my labels I put the name of the person getting the quilt, the date, and my name as the maker. I also add another twill label with my handle The Quilt Lady.

Carli The Quilter said...

glad to see that little will have his quilt. I include a phone number of who its going to.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>