Friday 15 September 2017

Hard to be merry today



Several years ago I was inspired to make this throw-sized quilt
for an acquaintance going through a hard time.
I liked the Kaffe Collective fabrics, and the letters
and the asymetry of it all.

Today I'm attending her funeral.
It won't be a merry day,
but I'm glad I had a small part in her journey.

You can read the back story of this quilt here.

I've neglected this space lately, and mostly because I've neglected my craft.
Not much sewing or quilting here for the last three months.

I feared my creative lull was becoming an abyss,
but in the last few days I've been digging out my sewing machine
from under piles of unfinished projects
and finding a spark of joy in fabric and stitches again.

If you're on Instagram, you can follow me @brendasuderman

4 comments:

Elaine M said...

Sorry to hear about your friend. Sounds like a lovely person and mother. She probably had many comforting dreams under the quilt. Hugs and prayers.

Ann said...

My condolences on the passing of your dear friend. It is difficult to return to creativity afterwards but that's when our UFOs are most helpful. They are part way there so we can just move our hands. It eases the grief somewhat.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Sending hugs - losing a friend is not easy. Glad to know you are finding sparks of joy in your studio again.

patty a. said...

I am sorry to read that you lost a friend. I am sure the quilt gave a lot of comfort to her. Good to hear you are starting to get a spark back. Hang in there!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>