Thursday 28 April 2016

Progress on star quilt


I've finally finished machine quilting this star quilt.
It's been a WIP for too long.
I deliberated a long time before I started quilting
and although some of you suggested it called out for hand quilting
I didn't go that way.
Instead I used a dark beige 50 weight Aurifil thread on top and bottom
and played around with lots of free motion designs.
This is a scrappy quilt celebrating the marriage of friends.
It also celebrates the many patterns and surprises 
in a long term relationship.

I think of this quilt as an "I Spy" quilt for adults.

I've quilted in their names, their wedding anniverary
and lots of loops, swirls and even a few bad stitches.

I'm putting the binding on soon and sending it to a local quilt show.

And wondering about the SSOB banner on the right?
Come back on Monday for my stop on the blog hop celebrating Julie Sefton's new book:
Build -A-Barn: No Pattern Construction.

I'm linking up with other Friday finishers over at
Confessions of a Fabric Addict
and Crazy Mom Quilts
and TGIFF

10 comments:

Sharon said...

I think your quilting looks great! And I love the idea of an I Spy quilt for adults! Why should kids have all the fun? I think the bride and groom will love this quilt.

Barb said...

Great Quilt! Love the texture of the quilting.

Kate @ Smiles From Kate said...

It looks soft and cozy. Great idea to add their names and anniversary into the quilting. I Spy for adults hehe!
Smiles
Kate

Nifty Quilts said...

It's wonderful! Surely it will be cherished by the owners. They'll be entertained for hours, looking at the fabrics and your quilting.

Nancy said...

Beautiful quilt and quilting.

Lisa J. said...

This is a truly beautiful quilt and I love the quilting...it would have also been spectacular with hand quilting.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

It is beautiful! Well done, I love "I Spy" quilts, those for all ages are even better!

Bonnie said...

Lovely quilt. I'm sure your friends will love it. -- I'm assuming they are receiving it!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Your star quilt is completely wonderful -- so much scrappy goodness -- and your DSM quilting add so much texture and interest. WELL DONE!!!

Gale Bulkley said...

I love the homey goodness of this quilt. How big is it?

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>