Thursday 6 March 2014

Table talk

After three years with this Juki,
I finally bought a table just for it.
It's a birch table, locally made, and with an acrylic cut out for this machine.
It has handles (top and side), folding legs,
 and a set of wheels
sort of visible on the right.
I got it for $230 Canadian
at Oma's Quilt Shop
near Grunthal, Manitoba.
 
I put some non-slip stuff under the legs of the  machine
to avoid table shake.
 
so far I'm liking it
but I think the real test
will be when I free motion quilt.
 
Now there's a bit more table surface behind me to support the quilt.
 
I bought this on my continual quest
to improve my sewing and quilting ergonomics
so that making quilts doesn't hurt my body.

7 comments:

Will Cook for Shoes said...

I have Juki jealousy issues… congrats on the new table!

MariQuilts said...

I'm likiing that table!!!

Kitchener Quilter said...

You will LOVE having that flatbed machine table arrangement. When I did mine, it totally changed my sewing, for the better.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I cannot sew with my machine sitting ON a table - shoulders, arms, neck, back simply refuse. I ADORE having my machine set down INTO the table. Congrats on your upgrade!

SandyQuilts said...

Oh how nice. But how much? Where can we buy one? Do they have tables for other machines? thk

PrairiePeasant said...

Very nice! I hope this makes a difference for you.

Barb said...

having the right set up makes quilting so much easier and more enjoyable - have fun!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>