Friday 21 February 2014

Big finish times four!

I've just finished putting together four string quilts.
All measure about 60 by 80,
and are made of string blocks measuring 6 by 12 inches
 gathered from local quilters.
Each quilt took 77 blocks,
which means I received more than 300, and I still have a few left.
We busted lots of scraps for these quilts.
 Thanks to all my in person (vs. blogging) quilting friends
who contributed blocks.
Thanks to Bonnie and Val for their long arming services. 
I quilted the other two.
And thanks to Em and Cheryl for donating yardage for the backs.
 

Blue/grey colourway
 

Yellow/orange, inspired by those bright orange blocks.


the leftover strip quilt
 
 
the pink/purple one.
We decided to keep the girly colours in one quilt.
 
Here they are hanging out together in the balcony of my church,
which was the best place to get good shots.


Hanging out together on the pews
And some details.
 
These quilts will be donated to the emergency shelter of a local charity.
I'm about to write a tutorial on how to make these blocks.
For now, check out this post.
 
I'm linking up with Sarah and Amanda  and TGIFF.

 

14 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

gorgeous, wonderful quilts. congrats to all. and what a wonderful cause.

Unknown said...

Wowzy...that alot of scraps. They look fabulous. Great job.

Vicki W said...

I love those last 2 photos!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Super, super quilts - and I love the photos of the quilts in the pews.

Quiltdivajulie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kitchener Quilter said...

Love love love these quilts. What a great idea for group quilts.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

What a great place to get shots! I need to think of a place that has a balcony!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love the quilts! nothing beats a great scrap quilt. They look like modern stained glass hanging there.

deebriese said...

OH I just adore these quilts what a wonderful cause. I am so excited you are doing a tutorial! Im a beginner quilter and this looks like something I can do.

Barb said...

amazing scrap quilts - what wonderful charity quilts they are and will bring the recipients joy!

Browndirtcottage said...

Aaaahhhh yes, this is MUCH better than a sneak peek!! These are just FABULOUS Brenda!!! I want ALL of them!!! I guess I could make one of my own when you do the tutorial…?!!

What lucky persons will receive these!!!

Empty Closet Quilting said...

Wow! Such a riot of color! I just love these!

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

These are fab!! Thank you for linking to TGIFF!

LA Paylor said...

these are a riot of color! I love them so
LeeAnna Paylor
Not Afraid of Color!
lapaylor.blogspot.com

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>