Tuesday 16 July 2013

Can cook, can quilt!

Yesterday I had a quilt-in with some friends,
including one who is a co-author of a bestselling cookbook and blog.
 
C. believes everyone can cook
and since I believe everyone can sew or quilt,
I challenged her to quilt with me.
 
 
 

At the end of the day she made two placemats in quilt-as-you-go style
and even admitted to enjoying herself.
 
Here she is, along with Kathy from my guild, and me.
 


Here's a close-up of the placemats,
before the binding is sewn down.
We used bits of that fruity women fabric
and lots of fruit and vegetable prints.

Instead of following a set pattern,
we employed the use-what-you-have method,
choosing fabrics and colours intuitively.


We all contributed to lunch and snacks,
proving that Mennonite girls can cook and quilt!

And seriously, you need to check out C.'s blog for some great recipes.

1 comment:

Bev K said...

What cute fabric for placemats! I know C. had a great time as she shared her experience with us.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>