Tuesday 6 September 2011

Catching up

I've been absent from here, mostly because I was absent from my sewing room.

I've been collecting Kaffe prints for a while, mostly hoarding them,
but last week I cut a 2 inch strip off of all them (I have 23 different prints or colourways)
to make these blocks

They're for a group quilt being made in blogland, but I'm thinking it's a surprise, so I'll leave out the identifying details. These are three separate blocks, each measuring 8 inches high and 10 3/4" long.

I'm part of the Modern 8 Create blog, and a month ago we each got some charms
with the challenge to add only one or two solids.
I put together this nine-patch of circles with some of them, but now I'm stuck.
I'm thinking at 22 inches, it's too big for a couch pillow,
and it's also too high for the sewing machine cover I was considering.

Here are the rest of the charms in a four-patch.
This one is slightly smaller at about 18 inches.
Where should I go from here?

And a little shopping: I bought these batting samples, all about the size of a fat quarter, in a sampler pack at Fabricland for $5. I thought I'd test out some of the different Warm and Natural varieties without having to buy a whole big width of batting.
Another thing: I'm having difficulty commenting on blogs lately, more than usual.
This is the message I'm getting when I try to comment:
Your current account  does not have access to view this page.



                            Click here to logout and change accounts.

Anyone else with that problem? Of course if you do, you can't tell me about it, but if you have a solution, email me at the address on my sidebar.



6 comments:

Rosa said...

Beautiful blocks

mtnquiltr said...

I had the same comment problem. Try unchecking a box that says something like "keep me logged in" (This is from memory). Worked for me!

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

I am seconding the comment above, do NOT check the box Keep me logged on when logging in.
A test kit with FQ batting samples is a great idea! We got tiny samples at a lecture at our guild, but they are way too small to try them out for ourselves.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

if everyone would change to pop up window as their settings for comments none of us would have to uncheck the box to keep up signed in. It is a pain to have to sign back in each time I want to access my own blog.

with the new interface they offered us I don't see any way to change to pop up window but everyone can still go back into the old interface and change it through settings. I have stopped leaving comments on blogs where I have to jump through hoops to do it.

Clare said...

Ooohh secret squirrel!

I don't see that error message, but there is a lot of hacking going on at the moment and Google is constantly being targeted. Change your password every so often.

Elaine Adair said...

Yep - I'm getting it as well. Do the UNCHECKING thing. I KNOW Google changes things and sometimes I DON"T get it. However, Exuberant Color (above) mentions a solution -- gotta check that out.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>