Monday 9 August 2010

Eat pray quilt

Mr. Scraps came home from a week in Pennsylvania with some Kona goodies to add to the ones I bought on our summer vacation. At first, he bought the brights at the right of the picture. After a telephone consult and some online research, he went back to the fabric store (which was having a 25 % off sale last week) with some instructions and he brought me a nice range of lights with yummy names like parfait and meringue. Here's the whole range of my solid purchases (about 10 yards, I'm thinking) this summer, more than enough start a solid log cabin or something else.
Which brings me to the other goodies that came my way today. A movie promo package (I'm a journalist in real life) for Eat Pray Love which has a now-broken package of spaghetti, a bookmark, and a bracelet in yummy colours:

Those colours are calling my name. I've never like brown much, but put together with that great green and aqua I'm rethinking it. and doesn't that bracelet remind you of something?


Ah, yes, some great quilting fabrics. (sorry for the blurry pix.)

6 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Husband choosing fabrics - love it! And those colors in the bracelet will make an awesome quilt!
The movie sounds great too!

Lee D said...

i wouldn't dare ask my husband to get me fabric...he stays i have enough!! then i look at his sport car and think haven't got enough!!!:)

Joyce said...

Delicious fabrics. The bracelets are cute too. Is that movie out yet? I loved the book but can't see Julia Roberts in the role. I expect I'll be disappointed. Bad attitude, I know.

Helen in the UK said...

Great solids!! LOVE how you used the bracelet to inspire a possible quilt colour scheme :)

Clare said...

Never heard of the book before so looked it up in Wiki. What do you think of the film?

Oh those solids, especially the lights and those bracelets are gorgeous.

Tonya Ricucci said...

ooh, fun goodies!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>