Wednesday 8 October 2008

Gifts from home

In the last week, I've received several gifts from my family. My mother was out of town and of course, stopped in at some fabric shops. She brought me half-metre cuts (hey, we're Canadian!) of three black and white prints, as well as three b/w fat quarters.
She's also contributed lots to my word fabric collection. Here's two more to go into the mix of what I already have. Thanks Mom!
My sister sent me a pair of thread snips that she bought for me on a trip to Germany in August. They come with a beautiful leather case, and the tag says "Solingen: Best German Cutlery". Thanks for thinking of me!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

RE: the scissors.....you're welcome! They had amazing cutting tools in that shop (knives, scissors, nail scissors, etc etc) but all I bought where these. I'm glad you're enjoying them.
Your Germany-travelling sister.

Anonymous said...

ps: the blood on the tips of those scissors is mine......I poked myself with that needle-like tip but it was so sharp I didn't even notice at first.....
deine Schwester

Tonya Ricucci said...

beautiful little scissors - sounds like you'd better be careful with them! fun fabric too.

Myra said...

Ooooo.... You are such a lucky gal!!! My mother would even think about buying me fabric... Your mother must be a quilter too! 8-)
What nice treat from Germany also! Your sis a quilter too?
Happy stitchings!

Joyce said...

I love those black and whites. I have that brown with little stars and have used most of it. It seems to go with everything.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>